What We Do
D. R. Dunlop & Associates, Inc. has been delivering successful meetings and conferences for over 30 years and provides a full range of event management and logistics services to meet a wide assortment of meeting requirements and event scenarios.
Typical DRDA Scenarios
- Medium-sized meetings and conferences involving from 100 to 1000 delegates.
- Standalone and event-associated trade shows and expositions.
- Ceremonial and awards events.
- Official visits and executive programs.
- Concomitant functions such as networking, welcome, gala dinner and other events associated with a meeting or conference.
In addition to a comprehensive set of event management and logistic services, we offer specialized expertise, including:
- Substantial domestic, international, ceremonial and diplomatic protocol expertise, for events that require an enhanced protocol capability.
- Cultural diversity competence for events that require a heightened level of cultural sensitivity.
- The in-house design and production of event communications collateral—Web | Digital | Print.
- Navigating site selection and facility space negotiations—THE most important decisions you will make with far reaching implications.
- Exhibition management.
- Sponsor coordination and fulfillment.
We are a lean and mean team—two principals supported by a carefully cultivated group of associates, who are engaged for specific projects—qualified professionals in:
- Event planning and management.
- Graphic design and communications.
- Media and public relations.
- International practice and protocol.
- Registration, audio-visual, hospitality, accommodation … and a multitude of other logistics services.
Skill & Experience | Old School / New School
D. R. Dunlop & Associates, Inc. embodies a potent combination of old school skill and experience and 21st century savvy.
- We reflect 40 plus years of hard-won event planning and management expertise.
- We have organized, and continue to deliver events for all kinds of participants—from your average Joe, to senior executives and public servants, to kings, queens, presidents and prime ministers—from small topic-specific meetings to multifaceted and high-profile international conferences, in both the public and the private sector—we know our stuff.
- We keep up with and use new and emerging technology.
- We keep pace with evolving ideas about how things should be done and changing expectations.
- We promote green alternatives where feasible—such as recycled, recyclable and biodegradable products, and paperless communications.
- We maintain consistently high logistics standards and are able to cope with the challenge of unexpected developments, personal idiosyncrasies and conflicting private agendas, cultural differences, and varying individual and collective expectations.
- We are well-versed in international business and social etiquette and accomplished at dealing with international business ethics and protocol, experience and precedence, and with Canadian custom and practice.
- We excel at taking the meetings of growing enterprises to the next level.
- We bring specialised expertise to meetings, visits and events that require a ceremonial and/or international protocol component.
- We work in both official languages and can produce multilingual conference collateral when required.
- We have provided support to events in most major centres across Canada, including Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa. And, in Europe and Asia.